Monday, May 07, 2012

Am Back: Increased access, reduced usage

I have been privileged recently with broadband internet access at my home due to my husband's home office for over too years now, but unfortunately it has led to the death of my blog. Can I blame Facebook? I seem unable to check any other website, I now just use Facebook even for issues I used to blog about, well you know what they say about new things. I guess the radio hates television and television hates the computer and the so on. With the advent of new media that seems to always be faster and more interactive, we seem to forget what's important.  Long did I advocate for better ICT access for women, but look what happened when I got full access, nothing. No blog post since 2007.

I have recently joined the Zambian Bloggers Network associated with Hivos, and the project head (Brenda N Zulu) at the last meeting threatened to expose our laziness in updating our blogs....so here I am, am back.

I have been very busy with the Corporate world, NGOs and international organisations, but currently am running a  personal business, all details will be relied in my forthcoming posts. I will look into the changing lives of journalists due to our ever changing political/economical and technological climate. I will do some interviews and feature certain personalities and professionals. Am Back!